When I was a kid, my mom would put sugar on grapefruit to get me to eat it. I really wasn’t into tart foods (not many kids are!) and grapefruit was low on my list of fruits I liked to eat. Plus, it would always squirt me in the eye. Taunting me.
Grapefruit is one of my top favorite citrus fruits – and I do love citrus. This strawberry grapefruit smoothie is reminiscent of my childhood years by adding the sweetness of strawberries to tame the grapefruit tartness.
Not only does it taste amazing, this smoothie is packed with vitamin C to give your immune system a boost!
Grapefruit is loaded with vitamin C, a vitamin that helps to support the immune system. Pink and red grapefruit also contain the antioxidant lycopene which has the highest ability to help fight oxygen free radicals (compounds that damage cells).
Fragrantly sweet, strawberries are also packed with vitamin C. They have a unique combination of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients providing cardiovascular support and improved blood sugar regulation.
If you enjoy this smoothie, please share it with your friends.
Strawberry Grapefruit Smoothie
- 1/2 grapefruit peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 or 5 medium strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 tsp ginger (fresh or jarred)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder or extract (optional, skip this if you are using vanilla protein powder)
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder (optional, the one I use can be found here)
- 1/2 cup water (or less if you want your smoothie thicker)
- 3 to 4 ice cubes (if using fresh strawberries)
For extra fiber add 1 tbsp chia seeds.
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
Want to know what I use to create these delicious smoothies? Visit my Resources page to learn more.
Save 10% on protein powder by using this link.
You might also like:
Like this? Please share it with your friends!