The flavors of summer are in this raspberry strawberry basil smoothie, and the added lemon gives the sweetness in it a little kick without being overpowering. Packed with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients the is a summer must-have!
Raspberries are packed with health promoting vitamins and minerals, and have antioxidant benefits. They can help your body metabolize carbohydrates, protein, and fats. They also contain potassium which can help control your heart rate and blood pressure. They have many benefits AND are low in calories.
Strawberries have a combination of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients. They have many health benefits, including cardiovascular and blood sugar stability benefits. Strawberries have actually been found to reduce blood sugar spikes when eaten with table sugar. How cool is that?
Basil has such a complimentary flavor for strawberries and raspberries, and did you know that it has anti-inflammatory properties and is high in vitamins A, C, and calcium?
If you enjoy this smoothie, please share it with your friends.
Raspberry Strawberry Basil Smoothie
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries (about 3 large or 4 medium strawberries)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen red raspberries
- 2 fresh basil leaves or 1/2 tbsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder or extract (optional, skip this if you are using vanilla protein powder)
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder (optional, the one I use can be found here)
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 to 5 ice cubes (add only if you are using fresh berries, or if you enjoy super thick smoothies)
For extra fiber add 1 tbsp chia seeds.
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
Want to know what I use to create these delicious smoothies? Visit my Resources page to learn more.
Save 10% on protein powder by using this link.
Like this? Please share it with your friends!