Peaches are a staple fruit end-of-summer fruit, and are loved in many cold weather recipes: pies, cobblers, and scones to name a few. This peach strawberry almond bean smoothie will satisfy your cravings with fewer calories!
I added beans to this recipe as a thickener, and for an added fiber and protein boost. You can leave them out if you prefer.
Peaches are low in calories, packed with the antioxidant vitamin C, and are a great source of vitamin A. They contain very high levels of potassium – almost 10 percent of the recommended daily amount.
Strawberries have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory health benefits, and are rich in vitamin C and manganese. They also have cardiovascular benefits, and help to control blood sugar.
Almonds are a high-fat food that is good for you. They have 9 grams of monounsaturated (heart-healthy) fats, more calcium than any other nut, 6 grams of protein, and 3.5 grams of fiber per serving. Almonds are one of the lowest calories nuts (tied with cashews) at 160 calories per one ounce.
Fun fact: Did you know peaches and almonds are related? They both belong to the prunus family.
If you enjoy this smoothie, please share it with your friends.
Peach Strawberry Almond Bean Smoothie
- 1/2 cup peaches, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup red beans, cooked (or any color beans)
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced or chopped
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder or extract (optional, skip this if you are using vanilla protein powder)
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder (optional, the one I use can be found here)
- 3/4 cup of water (more if you use frozen strawberries or peaches)
- 3 to 4 ice cubes to thicken the smoothie if you use fresh strawberries and peaches
For extra fiber add 1 tbsp chia seeds.
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
Want to know what I use to create these delicious smoothies? Visit my Resources page to learn more.
Save 10% on protein powder by using this link.
You might also like:
Like this? Please share it with your friends!