Okay, I’ll admit it: this one was a little odd for me. That’s because it includes leafy greens and that’s something I’ve never used before in a smoothie. Usually I make fruit smoothies – not for any reason other than I really really like fruit smoothies. I’ve decided to get a little smoothie adventurous and added leafy greens to this fruit smoothie and I have to admit that it’s delicious! This peach and pear green smoothie is so sweet and tasty you’d never guess there are greens in it. Seriously.
Besides tasting great, this smoothie is really good for you. Pears are a great source of fiber a a good source of vitamin C, can help with weight loss and may help protect against heart disease. Collard greens provide four core antioxidants (vitamin C, A, E, and manganese), have anti-inflammatory benefits and support your cardiovascular system.
This is a wonderful smoothie for anyone trying to get more greens in their diet, whether you are new to green smoothies or a pro. It’s also a great way to have your kids get more vegetables without them realizing it!
If you enjoy this smoothie, please share it with your friends.
Peach and Pear Green Smoothie
- 1/2 small ripe pear, cored and cut in half.
- 1/2 small, ripe peach, pitted, cut in half. When peaches aren’t in season I use frozen peach slices instead, estimating how many slices would make up half of a small peach.
- 1/4 cup collard greens, packed.
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder or extract (optional, skip this if you are using vanilla protein powder)
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder (optional, the one I use can be found here)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 to 3 ice cubes
For extra fiber add 1 tbsp chia seeds.
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
Want to know what I use to create these delicious smoothies? Visit my Resources page to learn more.
Save 10% on protein powder by using this link.
Like this? Please share it with your friends!